Another amazing series comes to an end. On May 10, after four full seasons, ABC aired the series finale of Revenge. If you don’t already watch it, I highly suggest grabbing some popcorn and making a Netflix marathon out of it.
** MAJOR SPOILER ALERT
We watched Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke (Emily Van Camp) plotting her revenge against the Graysons for a solid four years, and it all came to an end in the finale titled “Two Graves.”
My thoughts on the finale;
– It was probably the best series finale I have ever seen. As much as I love the show, it came to the point where in order to continue the series, it would have had to have a whole new story line. Crazy to think that when they were shooting the series finale, they didn’t know if the show would be renewed or not?! I mean what would have happened if it was renewed for season five?!
– Victoria Grayson (played by Madeline Stowe) is finally where she belongs. But then she shoots Emily before she dies, misleading audiences to think the two graves were for Emily and Victoria. Clever.
– The ‘Emily’s Dream’ concept was brilliant. It’s the amazing part of a series finale, it leaves everything to interpretation. Do you believe it was real? Was it mearly a dream to haunt Emily for the rest of her life?
–Jack Porter (Played by Nick Wechsler) and Emily are FINALLY together. I think us Jemily supporters finally deserved that last scene.
– David Clarke’s (played by James Tupper) death, whom the second grave belonged too. Tragic, because throughout the whole series, Emily’s been put into situations which she has been able to handle. This situation though was fully out of her control, and to see her deal with it on an emotional level, was truly heart breaking.
– I love Nolan Ross ( played by Gabriel Mann) and I would die to see a spin-off show.
Let’s take a look of some of the best scenes through out the show:
Season 1, Episode 21. Sammy’s Death.
The First scene where we see Jack and Emily together. Note, that this was before Jack knew about Emily’s secret. The connection between them has been undeniable from the beginning.
Season 2, Episode 14. Emily/Amanda’s Death.
I mean if you weren’t in tears after this scene, you’re heartless. I loved the real Emily Thorne. May she R.I.P.
Season 2, Episode 22. Amanda Tells Jack the truth.
Probably my favourite scene. As you can tell, I’m a huge Jemily shipper.
Season 4, Episode 7. David Clarke Finds out Emily’s true Identity.
I can’t even begin to describe Van Camp‘s amazing acting and truly bringing Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke to life. Every time tough girl Emily cries on screen, I can’t help but shed a tear. What an amazing actress.
Season 4, Episode 10. Daniel Dies to save Emily.
I had a love/hate relationship with Daniel Grayson (played by Josh Bowman). But what an incredible scene. I was starting to like him again too.
Season 4, Episode 23. Emily and Jack finally Kiss and Bed Scene.
EMILY AND JACK ARE FINALLY TOGETHER.
Truly an amazing series, and it will always be one of my favourites. R.I.P. Revenge!